Fuck.What they did not want you to ever find out is that your generation, the generation born between 1980-1995, actually outnumbers the Baby Boomers. They knew that if you ever turned your eye towards political reform, you could change the world. They tried to keep you sated on vapid television shows and vapid music. They cut off your education and fed you brain candy. They took away your music and gave you Top Ten pop stations. They cut off your art and replaced it with endless reality shows for you to plug into, hoping you would sit quietly by as they ran the world. We as a society are only as strong as our weakest link. Give ‘em hell, kids.
I’ve never loved a post so much in the history of tumblr
I present to you….the cutest pug in the world
Just because a woman is wearing a hijab doesn’t mean she was forced to, doesn’t mean she’s brain washed, doesn’t mean she’s stupid, doesn’t mean she’s oppressed, doesn’t mean she’s a terrorist. It means she practices a faith, stop being assholes and assuming shit about things you don’t understand.
"When you are an affluent-seeming white man and you ask for things that don’t belong to you, sometimes you’re not really asking. It’s sort like Bill Clinton asking Monica Lewinsky to have sex with him. There’s a context behind the asking.
When you ask a serviceperson for something that doesn’t belong to you, there is often a subtext of, “If I complain to your manager, you know your manager is going to listen to me. Just look at me, and look at you.”
And sometimes, of course, this is not the case at all, and you’re just being a garden-variety annoying customer. Or a bully.
If you seem to be “getting everything you want,” you should probably examine whether you’re getting it at someone’s expense, or whether you’re just constantly, in small ways, making the world worse."
Go and read the article
"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It is lethal."
"I am afraid of getting older. I am afraid of getting married. Spare me from cooking three meals a day—spare me from the relentless cage of routine and rote. I want to be free… I want, I want to think, to be omniscient."
Sylvia Plath written in 1949 at age 17.
Breastfeeding around the world
More nursing photos! Sorry if y’all aren’t interested in nursing, it’s breastfeeding awareness week and I’m taking a class.
Roseanne 1996 // S8: EP 15 //Dan and his buddies talk about race and sexual orientation.
"Here’s a general rule. When an insult is directed at a woman, consider how it would have sounded directed at a man. If the result is ridiculous, then it’s probably sexist."
Conversations with Father (about men & dating)
- Me: I just watched a show about how successful (i.e. college educated) black women are not getting married.
- Him: Why is that a show? What's the problem? A black woman is better off by herself than with a black man that will bring her down. There's no point in getting married unless it's about mutual love and respect.
- Me: Well a lot of the black men on the show said that the reason black women are single is because they expect too much.
- Him: Psh. Black women do not expect too much! What is a black woman supposed to do? She is educated. She has her life in order. And she is supposed to get with any old man because he didn't get his life together but still feels he is entitled to any woman he wants?
- Me: Well they said that you have to look at a man's potential.
- Him: That's what they want you to think so that you don't require anything in actuality from them. You look at who a man is. Not who he says he will be.
- Me: The show also talked about why a lot of men cheat. They said it's because women were not keeping them happy or not sexually doing what they want.
- Him: That's ridiculous. There's no reason for anybody to cheat. If a man is grounded then he will love his partner enough not to cheat.
- Me: They also said that you need to make a man feel like a man.
- Him: If I am a man then why would I need a woman to make me feel like a man?
- Me: I don't know.
- Him: A real man does not need a woman to make him feel like a man. He is a man, isn't he? Men who say that have an inferiority complex.
- Me: Well they were saying that they need to feel like they wear the pants in the relationship.
- Him: Look. A man does not feel threatened by anyone unless he does not have his own life together. And in that case he will be threatened whether a woman lays down and lets him walk all over him or if she makes more money or anything else.